This is the National Centre for Australian Children’s Literature’s major fundraising activity in 2019. Become a Foundation sponsor.
The Hall of Fame will:
- Recognise the contribution of individuals or groups judged to have been outstanding in the field of Australian Children’s Literature – authors, illustrators, publishers, booksellers, researchers, teachers and from the media including film, television, print
- Be awarded annually following selection by a committee appointed by the NCACL Board, who would refer their nomination/s to the Board for endorsement. The selection will be based on criteria such as the overall contribution and commitment to the field with outstanding character and service. Inductions could be made posthumously
- Announce inductees at a high-profile ceremony
- Have a ‘display’ of the contribution of each inductee with a sample of their work and indicators for more in-depth study
- Be accessible from ncacl.org.au
The Australian Children’s Literature Hall of Fame will be a catalyst for researchers and an inspiration for future contributors to the field. It will also provide an outstanding introduction to Australian culture and society for tourists, students and the Australian community, relating to the extensive history of children’s books and literature.
Ensure funding for the Australian Children’s Literature Hall of Fame by donating today.