Red Logic Design
Magabala Books Aboriginal Corporation
Magabala Books, 2006
EYLF1, EYLF2, EYLF3, EYLF4, EYLF5
Add to Favourites
- Broome (W.A.)
- Cultural diversity
- Glossaries and vocabularies
- Wupipi / Broome (WA West Kimberley SE51-06)
This 10-page wordless board book reflects Australia’s rich multicultural population. Photos and photocollages depict family members and babies engaging in everyday activities, such as bath time, sharing a book, breastfeeding, and relaxing at the beach. The primary focus is on family. Indoor settings and props are minimalist, while outdoor backdrops feature the vibrant colours of the Kimberley landscape in Western Australia.
This title was produced by leading Australian Indigenous-owned publishing house Magabala Books in conjunction with libraries. Its aim is to encourage parents to read books to their children from a very young age.
- Regional Development Australia. ‘About the Kimberley’. https://www.rdakimberley.com.au/about/about-the-kimberley/
- Petit Early Learning Journey. At Home Multicultural Activities for Children https://www.petitjourney.com.au/multicultural-activities/
- Working with Indigenous Australians. Family and Kinship http://www.workingwithindigenousaustralians.info/content/Practice_Implications_5_Fafmily_and_Kinship.html