The significance of the NCACL collection has been described by a leading expert as having:
- Historic and research significance, particularly from 1960;
- Translations among the strongest in the country;
- Invaluable research files on Australian authors and illustrators;
- Papers, manuscripts and artworks from some of Australia’s most important authors, illustrators and publishers;
- Exceptional diversity with its collections of books, manuscripts, artwork, papers of authors, illustrators and publishers; also
- Significant newspaper articles, reviews, photographs, audio material, publicity material and other printed ephemera, journals and theses, which cover the period from 1960.
Posted by: NCACL | Published: 31 Jul 2018