Birds in the Bush : Colour in the Birds
Aunty Fay Stewart-Muir
Bright Books, 2019
AC Links/EYLFEYLF1, EYLF2, EYLF3, EYLF4, EYLF5, ACELA1426, ACELT1575, ACELT1783, ACELT1580, ACELT1831, ACAVAM106
EYLF1, EYLF2, EYLF3, EYLF4, EYLF5, ACELA1426, ACELT1575, ACELT1783, ACELT1580, ACELT1831, ACAVAM106, ACAVAR109, ACELA1453, ACELT1582, ACSSU017, ACSSU211, ACPPS0024, ACELA1460, ACELT1587, ACELT1591, ACELT1593
Boonwarrung (S35), English
Add to Favourites
- Boowurrung / Boonerwung / Bunurong people (S34) (Vic S155-09)
- Colouring books
- Glossaries and vocabularies
‘Birds in the Bush’ is the perfect small-sized book for little fingers. Each page invites very young readers to be active participants. From page one, onlookers are invited to ‘colour in the birds’ and to add another language to the English and Boonwurrung words included for each bird. Each bird appears in bold outline set against a solid coloured background on the right hand side of the double page spread while opposite are the names of the birds. Promoting even greater participation, there is a dotted line for readers to fill in yet another language for each bird. The 10 birds featured are the crow, kookaburra, parrot, wattle bird, cockatoo, wood duck, goose, blue wrens, tawny frogmouth, and magpie.
Aunty Fay Steward-Muir is a respected Elder of the Boonwurrung people of the Great Kulin Nation.
- Jeanette Rowe biography http://www.jeannetterowe.com.au/biography.html
- Aunty Fay Stewart-Muir shares 10 words from the Boon Wurrung language https://www.timeout.com/melbourne/things-to-do/an-introduction-to-boon-wurrung-language-from-aunty-fay-stewart-muir
- Brief history of the Boonwurrung people. The Boon Wurrung Foundation http://www.boonwurrung.org
- Nature Conservancy Australia. Our Top 10 Favourite Aussie Birds https://www.natureaustralia.org.au/what-we-do/our-priorities/wildlife/wildlife-stories/our-top-10-favourite-aussie-birds/