Cherbourg State School
Assisted by class teaching teams
Budburra Books, 2010
5-8yrs, Lower Primary
AC Links/EYLFEYLF1, EYLF2, EYLF3, EYLF4, EYLF5, ACELA1426, ACELT1575, ACELT1783, ACELT1580, ACELT1831, ACAVAM106
EYLF1, EYLF2, EYLF3, EYLF4, EYLF5, ACELA1426, ACELT1575, ACELT1783, ACELT1580, ACELT1831, ACAVAM106, ACAVAR109, ACELA1443, ACELA1453, ACELT1582, ACELT1584, ACELA1460, ACELA1462, ACELT1587, ACELT1589, ACELT1591, ACELA1475, ACELT1594, ACELT1596, ACELT1599, ACAVAM110 , ACAVAR113, ACELA1487, ACELA1498, ACELT1602, ACELT1603, ACELT1605, ACELA1502, ACELT1608, ACELT1609, ACELT1610, ACAVAM114, ACAVAR117, ACELA1515, ACELA1518, ACELT1613, ACELT1614
Add to Favourites
- Bilingual books
- Cherbourg / Barambah (SE Qld SG56-10)
This delightful alphabet picture book was created by students and teachers at the Cherbourg State School in Queensland as part of their Strong and Smart Early Years Literacy Project. A CBCA Notable Book, Budburra’s Alphabet presents full-page, brightly coloured images for each letter. Each page features decoratively patterned upper- and lower-case letters, cut-out images of the featured creatures or people, and engaging three-word alliterative captions. Aboriginal language words are often used for the featured creatures, and a small image of ‘big bouncing budburra’ (an echidna), indicates the featured letter from the alphabet that runs along the bottom of each page.
Cherbourg, an Aboriginal community town some 250km north-west of Brisbane, is on the Barambah Creek. It is located in Wakka Wakka tribal boundaries, near the border of Gubbi Gubbi territory.
Series: Strong and Smart Early Years Literacy Project
- Cherbourg State School - community stories, community art. Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TslMQ-wthSQ
- Cherbourg State School - Showcase Awards 2009 Finalist Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWOolm1y69g
- Budburra Early Years Literacy Project https://budburrabooks.com.au/
- Budburra Books and Cherbourg State School https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hspugR14cas