Frog Finds a Place
Omnibus Books, 2015
AC Links/EYLFEYLF1, EYLF2, EYLF3, EYLF4, EYLF5, ACELT1575, ACELT1783, ACELT1580, ACELT1831, ACAVAM106, ACAVAR109
EYLF1, EYLF2, EYLF3, EYLF4, EYLF5, ACELT1575, ACELT1783, ACELT1580, ACELT1831, ACAVAM106, ACAVAR109, ACELA1453, ACELT1582, ACELT1584, ACELA1462, ACELT1587, ACELT1589, ACELT1591, ACELT1593
Add to Favourites
- Frogs and toads
- Literary devices
In this tale, Frog has always wanted to live with Moon and the stars. In a dream he does visit Moon and becomes determined to turn his dream into reality. Other animals give him helpful suggestions on how to reach his goal but Moon is simply too far away. Owl finally guides Frog to a satisfying conclusion. The illustrations are predominantly soft shades of blue, green and yellow to reflect our planet and the starry skyscape that Frog longs to join. The expressive language includes word plays and onomatopoeia to give each animal character a special place in the story.
Author Sally Morgan is a descendant from the Palku people of the Pilbara, and Ezekiel Kwaymullina is her son. Illustrator Dub Leffler is descended from the Bigambul and Mandandanji people of south-west Queensland.
- Scholastic Australia Teachers Notes 'Frog Finds a Place' http://resource.scholastic.com.au/resourcefiles/Teacher_Notes%5C8401052_44875.pdf
- Kids' Book Review 9 April 2017 'Frog Finds a Place' http://www.kids-bookreview.com/2017/04/review-frog-finds-place.html
- Youtube video 'Life Cycle of a Frog' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOOxlFs9Is
- The simple step parents can take to teach their kids persistence and grit https://qz.com/1097364/the-simple-step-parents-can-take-to-teach-their-kids-persistence-and-grit/
- 9 Activities To Build Grit and Resilience in Children https://biglifejournal.com/blogs/blog/activities-grit-resilience-children