Helping Little Star
Walker Books Australia, 2013
0-2yrs, 3-4yrs, 5-8yrs, Lower Primary
AC Links/EYLFEYLF1, EYLF2, EYLF3, EYLF4, EYLF5, ACELT1575, ACELT1783, ACELT1580, ACELT1831, ACHASSK015, ACHASSK016
EYLF1, EYLF2, EYLF3, EYLF4, EYLF5, ACELT1575, ACELT1783, ACELT1580, ACELT1831, ACHASSK015, ACHASSK016, ACSSU002, ACAVAM106, ACAVAR109, ACPPS003, ACPPS004, ACPPS005, ACPPS007, ACELA1453, ACELA1453, ACELT1584, ACSSU017, ACSSU211, ACSSU019, ACPPS0018, ACPPS0019, ACPPS0020, ACPPS0024, ACELA1462, ACELT1587, ACELT1589, ACELT1591, ACELT1593, ACHASSK045 , ACHASSK049
Add to Favourites
- Art motifs
- Visual literacy
Little Star is warned by Moon not to go too close to the edge of Night Sky – but he doesn’t listen, and falls right down to earth! There he lands in a creek, where a python is waiting. ‘What are you doing in my swimming hole?’ he asks. When Little Star tells him he is trying to get back to Night Sky, Python tries flicking him, but without much success. Dingo and Kangaroo also individually try getting Little Star back into the heavens, but it is not until they all work together that they are successful.
The illustrations are bright, vibrant and colourful. Morgan has utilised Indigenous motifs in some of the illustrations, giving it a very Australian feel. Sally Morgan is descended from the Palyku and Nyamal peoples of the Pilbara region of northwest Western Australia. Blaze, her son, is a Palyku traditional owner from the eastern inland Pilbara region.
- Walker Books Classroom Ideas. ‘Helping Little Star’ https://www.walkerbooks.com.au/Books/Helping-Little-Star-9781921977770
- Megan Daley presents Book People: Sally Morgan concentrates on her book, ‘Sister Heart with a Q&A with Sally Morgan https://childrensbooksdaily.com/book_reviews/book-people-sally-morgan/
- Indigenous Australia. Life Summary of Sally Morgan http://ia.anu.edu.au/biography/morgan-sally-17816
- Sally Morgan (Artist) Wikipedia entry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Morgan_(artist)
- Blaze Kwaymullina business profile https://www.businessnews.com.au/Person/Blaze-Kwaymullina
- Blaze Kwaymullina brief profile on Walker Books Publisher website https://www.walkerbooks.com.au/Authors_and_Illustrators/Blaze-Kwaymullina