Iwenhe Arratintyeme Ingwele? = What Comes Out at Night?
Veronica Turner, Felicity Hayes
Amanda Turner, Felicity Hayes, Siobhan Turner
Children's Ground, 2019
3-4yrs, 5-8yrs, Lower Primary, Primary
AC Links/EYLFEYLF1, EYLF2, EYLF3, EYLF4, EYLF5, ACELA1426, ACELT1575, ACELT1783, ACELT1580, ACELT1831, ACHASSK015
EYLF1, EYLF2, EYLF3, EYLF4, EYLF5, ACELA1426, ACELT1575, ACELT1783, ACELT1580, ACELT1831, ACHASSK015, ACHASSK016, ACHASSK017, ACSSU002, ACSSU004, ACSHE013, ACELA1443, ACELA1453, ACELT1582, ACELT1584, ACHASSK032, ACSSU017, ACSSU211, ACSSU018, ACSSU019, ACSHE021, ACELA1460, ACELA1462, ACELT1587, ACELT1589, ACELT1589, ACHASSK049, ACSSU030, ACSSU032, ACSHE034, ACELA1475, ACELT1594, ACELT1596, ACELT1599, ACHASSK062, ACSSU044 , ACSHE050, ACELA1498, ACELT1602, ACELT1603, ACELT1605, ACHASSK088, ACHASSK089, ACSSU073, ACELA1502, ACELT1608, ACELT1609, ACELT1610, ACSSU043, ACELA1515, ACELA1518, ACELT1613, ACELT1614, ACSSU094
Arrernte / Aranda language (C8) (NT SG53-02), English
Add to Favourites
- Arrernte / Aranda people (C8) (NT SG53-02)
- Bilingual books
- Central Australia (N.T.)
- Glossaries and vocabularies
- Nocturnal animals
While the title asks What comes out at night?, readers also can discover what comes out in the morning, such as bowerbirds, the pigeon and the pink galahs. Readers also can see that the snake, the goanna and the little lizard come out in the daytime. What does come out at night? Kwerralye (the stars), atnyentye (the moon) and amiwarre (the milky way).
Stunning illustrations by Amanda Turner, Felicity Hayes and Siobhan Turner complement the text that is in both Arrernte and English. The Arrernte authors tell us that ‘The English translations in this book convey the overall meaning and spirit of a story that we have written in our first language and way of seeing the world.’ The book includes a short glossary of Arrernte words from the book.
- SBS 30 Nov 2016 'You say 'kangaroo', I say 'rock wallaby': Children's Ground offers new approach to Indigenous education' https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/voices/culture/article/2016/11/28/you-say-kangaroo-i-say-rock-wallaby-childrens-ground-offers-new-approach
- Animals in the Northern Territory https://nt.gov.au/environment/animals/about-animals-in-nt
- Australian Indigenous Astronomy http://www.aboriginalastronomy.com.au/content/topics/starmaps/
- Northern Territory. Night Sky Astronomy https://northernterritory.com/tours/earth-sanctuary-world-nature-centre/night-sky-astronomy
- Seven Sisters Dreaming Star Dreaming https://japingkaaboriginalart.com/articles/star-dreaming-seven-sisters/
- Birds in Central Australia https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/travel/travel-destinations/2017/04/red-centre-bird-festival-2017/