Walking with the Seasons in Kakadu
Allen & Unwin, 2005
5-8yrs, Lower Primary, Primary
AC Links/EYLFEYLF1, EYLF2, EYLF3, EYLF4, EYLF5, ACELA1426, ACELA1428, ACELT1575, ACHASSK012, ACHASSK013, ACHASSK014
EYLF1, EYLF2, EYLF3, EYLF4, EYLF5, ACELA1426, ACELA1428, ACELT1575, ACHASSK012, ACHASSK013, ACHASSK014, ACHASSK015, ACHASSK016, ACHASSK017, ACSSU002, ACSSU004, ACSHE013, ACAVAM106, ACAVAR109, ACELA1443, ACELA1453, ACELT1582, ACHASSK028 , ACHASSK029, ACHASSK030, ACHASSK031, ACHASSK032, ACHASSK033, ACSSU017, ACSSU211, ACSSU018, ACSSU019, ACSHE021, ACSHE022, ACELA1460, ACELA1462, ACELT1587, ACELT1589, ACELT1591, ACHASSK046, ACHASSK047, ACHASSK049, ACHASSK050 , ACHASSK051, ACSSU030, ACSSU032, ACSHE034, ACSHE035, ACPPS006, ACPPS007, ACPPS0018, ACPPS0019, ACPPS0023, ACPPS0024, ACELA1475, ACELT1594, ACELT1596, ACELT1599, ACHASSK062, ACHASSK063, ACHASSK066, ACHASSK069, ACSSU044 , ACSHE050, ACPPS036, ACPPS037, ACPPS041, ACPPS042, ACELA1498, ACELT1602, ACELT1603, ACELT1605, ACHASSK086, ACHASSK088, ACHASSK089, ACHASSK090, ACSSU072, ACSSU073, ACSHE062, ACELA1502, ACELT1608, ACELT1609, ACELT1610, ACELT1612, ACHASSK112 , ACHASSK113, ACHASSK114, ACSSU043, ACSHE081, ACSSU083, ACPPS051, ACPPS054, ACPPS059, ACPPS060, ACELA1515, ACELA1518, ACELT1613, ACELT1614, ACHASSK135 , ACHASSK140 , ACSSU094, ACSHE100
Add to Favourites
- Glossaries and vocabularies
- Gundjeihmi / Kundjeymi people (N71) (NT SD53-01)
- Kakadu National Park (N.T.)
This picture book explores the six Aboriginal seasons, plants and animals in Kakadu National Park located in the Northern Territory. The Gundjeihmi language is used throughout with a glossary and index defining the Aboriginal words used. The author is an ethnologist, school teacher and writer about traditional resources. She and her husband travelled around northern Australia doing work related to this as well as botanical and fire ecology work.
The highly detailed and lush illustrations fill the pages, bringing the environment alive and enticing young readers to use all their senses. There is a deep connection conveyed between the weather, plants, animals and humans in this environment.
- Allen & Unwin Teachers’ Notes (Primary and Middle Years) by Diane Lucas https://www.allenandunwin.com/browse/books/childrens/childrens-non-fiction/Walking-with-the-Seasons-in-Kakadu-Diane-Lucas-and-Ken-Searle-9781741144710
- Kakadu seasons, 6 May, 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZo2mmnnvho
- 'Our Seasons' is an animated calendar of the seasonal changes of the top end of Australia inspired by two books: Walking With the Seasons by Di Lucas & Ernie Dances to the Didgeridoo by Alison Lester. https://vimeo.com/82160284
- Six seasons | Kakadu National Park - Parks Australia https://parksaustralia.gov.au/kakadu/discover/nature/seasons/