Wik Kath Grade One Landing-AK UK = Story of Grade One Going Down to the Landing
Sandy Cathcart (photographer)
Black Ink Press, 2009
5-8yrs, Lower Primary, Primary
English, Wik Mungkan (Y57), Wik Mungkan language (Y57, Y143) (Qld SD54-07)
Add to Favourites
- Aurukun (Qld NW Cape York SD54-07)
- Bilingual books
- Wik Mungkan people (Y57) (Qld SD54-07)
Wik kath grade one landing-ak uk = Story of grade one going down to the landing is a bi-lingual reader that describes through simple text in both English and the Wik Mungkan language the Aururkun State School’s Grade One excursion to the landing. The text is illustrated with photos of some of the children involved in the various activities that are mentioned in the text such as running, swimming and writing their names.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are advised that this book may contain images of people who have passed away.
- Aurukun Shire Council website http://www.aurukun.qld.gov.au/
- Working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children https://www.ecrh.edu.au/aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-focus/working-with-aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-children
- Benefits to Aboriginal children of bilingual education https://www.school-news.com.au/education/why-indigenous-children-benefit-from-bilingual-education/