NCACL Objects are vital to the future development of a permanent home for Australian Children’s Literature. These Objects are determined by the NCACL’s Board and are to:
- Collect, preserve and document developments in Australian children’s literature;
- Make the collection available to the people of Australia, including all ages and all communities, in recognition of our cultural heritage in children’s literature;
- Make the collection available to students, researchers and others interested and to assist them in their study and research.
- Provide encouragement and inspiration for current and future authors and illustrators of children’s literature.
- Assist in the recognition and contribution of Australian children’s authors and illustrators to children’s literature around the world.
And in conjunction with these objects to:
- preserve the creators’ works;
- nurture the children’s literature industry;
- support future professionals in the children’s literature industry;
- support the research community in Australia and particularly those engaged in researching children’s literature;
- encourage reading in children and;
- celebrate children’s literature.