- The database is not case sensitive.
- Series books can be searched using the series title, for example, Children of the Wind is a series by Kirsty Murray. Searching on Children of the Wind will retrieve the four titles in the series. You can find the series title by looking at the online catalogue record or look at the book itself which usually indicates the series on the back of the title page.
- Authors’ and illustrators’ names can be typed in either order – surname or first name.
- Publishers may change their name, but generally they retain the main word in their title. For example, Fremantle Press or Fremantle Arts Centre Press can be retrieved using the word Fremantle in the Publisher Search Option.
- You may wish to know all the publications by a small publisher and can enter the publisher’s name to retrieve them all.
- The cut-off date for including books in this database was late-2018, so books published after that date may not appear. We plan to update the database on a six-monthly basis.
- NCACL have included the words picture book in the annotations where a book appeared in this format as feedback from the NCACL advisory group requested this feature.
Posted by: NCACL | Published: 19 Mar 2019